Confidence and trust are keys to decision making of consumers. GIT has initiated “Buy With Confidence (BWC)” campaign to set forth standards and inspire the public’s trust in the Thai gem and jewelry products. The initiative also aims to promote image of the participants as well as sale of products through QR CODE.
1. Must be a member of GIT and/or association or club in connection with gems and jewelry or a member of the Thai Chamber of Commerce or the Federation of Thai Industries and have a certificate issued thereby.
2. Must register with the Department of Business Development, a district office or a local administrative body for no less than 2 years.
3. Must have a permanent location of the shop or company that can be reached and verified.
4. Must maintain a business credibility without undesirable reputation such as fraudulence against customers, violation of intellectual properties or willful imitation of copyrighted goods or logos.
5. Must have no pending complaints, accusations or violation of any related rules or regulations.
6. Must have gem or jewelry products such as colored stones, diamond, gold jewelry, silverware, and fashion jewelry.
1. The entrepreneur submits BWC application with required documents;
- Company Tax Registration
- Business registration/company certificate
- ID cards of business owner/authorized person
- Photos of storefront and location map
- Proof of membership of related union/association
2. Approved company / shop will be announced on BWC website “Buy With Confidence, look for GIT certificate”.
3. Once BWC member submits sample for testing and certification, company will receive BWC sticker for the shop and BWC tag + QR code for product with no additional expense until December 31st, 2020.
4. GIT reserves the right, in any circumstances, to approve the application and the decision of the project’s committees is final.
Remark: Having the BWC logo does not mean to certify the member’s shops/companies or the price of products. Traders and consumers should have a clear understanding before agreeing to any transaction.
1. The use of logo shall be exclusive to members of the Buy with Confidence initiative and cannot be transferred to any other person or juristic person. See more announcement by GIT.
2. BWC logo will be given to members who have GIT certificate for their goods/products at least one item.
3. Disputes between members and their customers shall be governed by consumer protection laws. The customer can complain at 1166 (Office of the Consumer Protection Board), 1155 (Tourist Police) and 1569 (Department of Internal Trade).
4. GIT reserves the right to withdraw permission to use the BWC logo, if a member is found to have damaged to the logo’s credibility.
5. GIT reserves the right to amend the criteria and terms of this initiative as deemed necessary.
6. BWC member that has been approved before December 31st 2018 will be extended GIT member and BWC member privileges to December 31st 2020.
1. Eligible to purchase 3 packs of coupons (90 coupons in total) with 5% discount, from 126,000 THB to 119,700 THB
2. Members will be able to participate in campaign activities organized by GIT.
3. 10% discount for Gem Testing
4. 10% discount for Precious Metal Testing
5. 10% discount for Training course (only Thai course)
6. 15% discount for 2 training courses or 2 applicants at the same time (only Thai course)
7. 10% discount for produce original pattern of jewelry
8. 10% discount when purchase souvenir from GIT Gem and Jewelry museum
9. Free entrance to Library and Museum with 2 extra guest.
10. 15% discount for any documents and books
|BWC Member Accumulative Spending Amount (THB) include Gemstone Testing Coupon Purchase||Discount|
|1 - 50,000||10%|
|50,001 – 150,000||20%|
|More than 150,001||25%|
- The above prices exclusive of 7% VAT, except Gemstone Testing Coupon.
- These special offers valid until December 31st 2020.